The Cure of Baldness
Hair loss is a common issue, as every person suffers from baldness at any stage of his life. However, its severity varies from a smaller area to the entire body. Baldness basically refers to the hair loss from a person’s scalp. The most common type of baldness includes female pattern hair loss, male pattern hair loss, telogen effluvium, and alopecia areata. Hair loss sometimes becomes the cause of many severe psychological problems, so it is necessary to cure it in some way.
According to recent studies, an individual shed about 50 to 100 hairs per day. This shedding of hairs never becomes the cause of baldness until new hairs kept on growing at the same time. Baldness occurs when the hairs shed at a higher rate than its growth. The exact cause is not known but usually, the following factors are responsible for baldness
- People having a family history of baldness are more at risk, as the Baldness gene pass on to them and results in the drastic hair loss.
- Hormonal changes due to pregnancy, menopause, or thyroid problem lead to baldness.
- Hair loss can be caused by the drugs which are used for depression, heart problem, cancer or arthritis.
- Certain hairstyles that pull the hairs tightly can cause inflammation in the hair follicles and results in baldness. This is the most common cause of Baldness in Women.
- An emotional or physical shock leads to hair loss within few months after a triggering event such death of a loved one, a high fever or sudden weight loss.
Technology is providing solutions for every emerging problem. Many effective treatments are invented to deal with the Baldness Hairsuch as surgery, medications, wigs, and laser therapy.
If the hair loss is caused by any severe disease such as cancer, then treatment is necessary for that disease. If certain medicine is causing hair loss then the doctor might recommend leaving that medicine for few months in order to let the hair re-grow. Two most common medications for baldness are listed below:
- Minoxidil (Rogaine)
- Finasteride (Propecia)
Usually, the top of the scalp is affected in the most common sorts of baldness. Hence, the hair transplant could work for it and restore most of the hairs. In this process, the surgeon removes the small plugs of skin having few hairs and then implants those plugs in the bald area of the head. This is usually an expensive and painful procedure but can produce a long-term result.
- Wigs or hairpieces
Apart from medical treatment, an individual can try a wig as a Baldness Cure. These wigs vary in style, colors, and quality. An individual can put it on for covering the temporary or permanent hair loss.
- Taking nutritional supplements
Sometimes, the root cause of baldness is the deficiency of vital nutrients so intake of nutritional supplements can be helpful in overcoming this issue.
The baldness cure is no more a big issue in today’s world, so an individual should not be overwhelmed by baldness.